Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Took a Break and Did a Little Shopping

Today, I decided to take a break from organizing my classroom.  I even allowed myself to sleep in though I know I will pay for it Friday when I have to actually be at work.

So I ran a lot of errands today.  I took my son to get his hair cut.  He was starting to look really shaggy but I love his red hair and I kind of hate to cut it.  He loves his hair too!  After when did the hair cut thing, I had to go to the bank and then I went up to Staples.  I walked around looking at all the new school stuff and I ended up getting some colored file jackets to organize my games and station materials.  They didn't have them in a single color packet, but I found where I can order them online from Office Depot which I will be doing.  I want my math to be in blue and my reading to be in red.  That's as far as I have got on the color coding.  Lol

While I was at Staples, I decided to look for a new charger for my Nexus 7.  No luck!  They sell the tablets but not the chargers.  You think they would sell the charger for products they carry, but they seem to only have IPad chargers.  Not everyone has or wants an IPad.  I love my Nexus!  It's lighter in weight than an IPad and I am not limited to the Apple store.

I ended up getting a label maker for my house.  I talked about labeling everything at school with my label maker and I hate dragging it back and forth so I decided to just get one to keep at home and to keep my hand held label maker at school.  My new one has different fonts!  Oh, I made sure that the label maker I purchased took the same type of label cartridge as the one I already own so I can just buy a double pack and keep one at home.  If your wondering what type of label maker I use, it is a Brother PTouch.  The one I already had is this one.


I plan on keeping it at school.  The one I bought looks like this.


I can't wait to start labeling the house!  I actually haven't labeled much at home even though I have had my label maker for about 2 years.  It is still the best purchase I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...