I realized that many of the existing containers were too large to hold what I needed them to hold so I forgot what was in the containers and things didn't get used.
Here is some after pics:
Notice that everything in the cabinet is easy to see and find. I used my handy little label maker to label the contents of every container. The great thing about the labels is that they peel off cleanly and easily if I need to use the containers to hold something else.
I tried to group the items in the cabinets in a way that made more sense to me. I put the reading materials and crafts supplies in a cabinet. The math, science, and social studies supplies are in another cabinet. I have a cabinet that has paper and large blocks, and then I have this cabinet that contains seasonal items along with extra puzzles and games so I can rotate materials throughout the year.
I still need to take the cover off of my computers and the brown paper off the bulletin boards, but I have faith that I will finish soon. On another note, I had the idea of getting aprons for my aide and myself to wear when the kiddos are painting. I have ruined so many shirts through the years on painting days. I happen to find these vinyl aprons at Big Lots for $6. They are perfect!