Monday, July 8, 2013

Throwing Out the Trash

I went to school today and worked for 4 1/2 hours!  What did I get done?  I cleaned out one drawer in my filing cabinet.  I can't believe all the stuff I had.  I threw away about 75% of what was in the drawer and I could have probably thrown out more.  This is what happens when a school closes and you change grade levels a few times and then return to the grade you love at a different school.  So that's 3 moves total!  I thought since I'm starting my second year in the same classroom that I better throw out the junk that I don't want or use.  Did I mention that I'm getting a new aide this year too?

Yes, I sat in on the interview for my new aide last week.  I hope she decided to take the job because I think we would work well together.  When you work that close to someone your practically married so it's best if we are a good match, but I'm not a difficult person to get along with either.

Before school let out, my previous aide, who retired, gave me a box full of Smart Pals.  I'm not sure who gave them to her, but I am excited to use them more this school year.  Check out the box.


Before school let out, I found some old workbooks and tore them apart and put the pages inside the Smart Pals.  My kinders loved this!!!  I allowed them to get one when they were finished with the journals.  I color coded them too for differentiation.  If you have these in your room, please share how you use them.  I would love to hear about it.



If you didn't know, I am having a giveaway at my Teacher's Notebook store for my Black and White Editable Classroom Décor.  I'm working on some more stuff that I will be adding soon.  One will be an interactive SMART notebook file.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...