Monday, September 9, 2013

My Listening Center and a Freebie

School has been in full force for 4 weeks now!  Last week, I had the idea to start a listening center.  So I headed over to Best Buy and bought 2 CD players, a 5 way headphone jack, and some blank CDs.  Then I drove over to the Dollar Tree and bought headphones.  That was my way of saving money on something.  So now I have two complete listening centers which works for me because most of the books in my room I only have one copy.  I wanted students to be able to listen in smaller groups and share the book.  My other plan is to use existing books in my classroom, but I am recording myself and others reading the books and then I am burning a CD to go with the listening center.  The kids love it.  I even got a little goofy with it by introducing myself at the beginning of the recording and welcoming them to story time.  Lol!  One of my kinders got a kick out of it too.  Here is a pic of what I bought.

My picture isn't the greatest.  I took this with my IPhone while sitting on my bed.

On to my freebie.  I decided to make new table labels for the table teams in my classroom.  I designed my table labels so that I could call on tables by number, shape, or color.  I'm trying to build in multiple skills here.    You can get my table labels by clicking on the image below.

 
I'm linking up with Classroom Freebies for their Manic Monday linky.
 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...