When I moved into my classroom last year, I didn't move things around much so I had this double sided shelf that wasn't being used to it's full potential. I decided to move it so I could make full use of both sides of the shelf. Most of the toys in my room were stored in cabinets which makes it a pain when it is center time. I am working on making them more accessible to students by moving them out of the cabinets and onto some shelves. I will still have to store some in the cabinets, but this allows me to rotate what I put out for students to keep things fresh and exciting. We all know that there is a point that they don't seem to play with things as much. Here is a picture of what I have been working on.
I plan to add picture labels to the containers to cover up the ugly labels that are really stuck on them.
While I was working on my room, I ended up using this new tool I bought at the dollar spot at Target.
This thing is great! Let me show you what else it does.
I think this is the perfect tool for the classroom. Now I can finally fix things or change batteries easier. I no longer have to hunt down someone with the right screwdriver in the building and for only $3 that's a price you can't beat.