Saturday, July 20, 2013

My New Favorite Tool and Shelf Organization

I went into my classroom yesterday and I worked a little bit.  I had already set my furniture up earlier in the week so I decided to do some organizing.  I have been cleaning out my files and cabinets.  I have decided that I need to designate a spot for our classroom toys.  One thing about teaching kindergarten is the fact that you have soooo much stuff and toys make up some of that stuff. 

When I moved into my classroom last year, I didn't move things around much so I had this double sided shelf that wasn't being used to it's full potential.  I decided to move it so I could make full use of both sides of the shelf.  Most of the toys in my room were stored in cabinets which makes it a pain when it is center time.  I am working on making them more accessible to students by moving them out of the cabinets and onto some shelves.  I will still have to store some in the cabinets, but this allows me to rotate what I put out for students to keep things fresh and exciting.  We all know that there is a point that they don't seem to play with things as much.  Here is a picture of what I have been working on.


I plan to add picture labels to the containers to cover up the ugly labels that are really stuck on them.

While I was working on my room, I ended up using this new tool I bought at the dollar spot at Target.


This thing is great!  Let me show you what else it does.
 
 
 
 
 
I think this is the perfect tool for the classroom.  Now I can finally fix things or change batteries easier.  I no longer have to hunt down someone with the right screwdriver in the building and for only $3 that's a price you can't beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...