Sunday, September 15, 2013

Look at What We Have Been up to

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

We have been working on patterns.  I gave everyone some bear counters and they used them to create color patterns.  Here is a look at some of those patterns:

 

We read The Button Box by Margarette S. Reid and sorted buttons with our sorting trays.
 
I started a new listening center.  That is one cool little headphone jack!  It can connect up to 5 headphones.  I love that the CD player is portable and I can have my listening center anywhere in my room.  I have been working on recording my own CDs to go with books that I have in my classroom.  I record the books using my lap top and a bell so students know when to turn the page.  Then it is easy to burn a CD.  You can use the recording device on your IPhone too and download it into ITunes to burn a CD.


We worked on writing and building numbers this week.  I just uploaded this center activity to my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook stores.  It is part of my Fall Math and Literacy Center Fun! packet.
 
This is one of the games that came with our Math program, Everyday Math.  I used it as a station/center this week.


We looked for shapes in magazines and created shape collages.  Here is a picture of the triangle collage.  We added to the collage during our math stations.

 
 
We stamped shapes this week during math stations too!
 



 
A few weeks ago, we made Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees with our names.  I thought I should take a picture before I sent them home. :)

 
 
I purchased a few new toys for my room! ;)  Notice the megaphone.  Lol, it comes in handy on the playground.  They can't ignore me any longer when I have to remind them that we go one at a time down the slide.
 
Here is my new fall packet!  Check it out!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...