Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mothers' Day Ideas and Pinterest

     I have been surfing Pinterest this evening for new Mothers' Day ideas.  I found some really great ones if you want to check out my Pinterest Boards.  As I was cruising through the pins, I told myself that I don't think I have ever made it to the bottom of the page and I started to wonder if there was a bottom to the page.  Well, I must have been looking longer than I thought, because to my suprise there is an end to the list ;).  I wonder what I look like to my hubby while I'm mindlessly staring at the computer screen. 

     Today, I got a great idea from a fellow collegue.  She helps her students learn about using descriptive words (aka, adjectives) in their writing by reading them a story and leaving out the descriptive words the first time around and then reading it again with the descriptive words.  I am so stealing this idea.  It seems that this time of the year everyone is ready for school to be over and students are not writing to the best of their abilities.  I think they just want to slap it on the page and get it over with.  Since we go back to school next week, I am going to use this idea.  I will let you know how it goes.  Oh, and she has the kids try adding descriptive words to their writing that day.  I think this is they key to get them to do it.  Everyone needs immediate practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...