Sunday, November 11, 2012

Teacher Tip Sunday!!!

Miss Kindergarten is have a teacher tip linky so I thought I would share my tip to keeping the classroom clean.  When we have a paper that requires cutting, I put mini trash cans on each table.  This keeps students from wandering strolling around the classroom and it keeps the floors and tables cleaner.  The kids love being the responsible one at their table that gets to empty the trash can after everyone picks up around their chair.  I no longer have to remember to pass out the trash cans as one of my students will remember and ask to do it for me.  Can we say "Wonderful!"

If you want to link up or check out the other teacher tip post, you can do it here.

 
I hope everyone has had a great Sunday.  I'm off tomorrow for Veteran's Day and to celebrate, I am having a sale at Teachers Notebook.  Up to 40% off.  Check it out here.


6 comments:

  1. Great tip! I've gone so far as to put a basket on my desk for a mini trash can. (We are required to keep the trash by the door to help the janitors out.)

    Thanks for the tip,
    Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I had to have the custodian put one under my desk so I wouldn't accidently throw paper in the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tip! I've seen some really cute mini trash cans that would be great for this! Thanks for sharing.
    I am a new follower.
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tip! I found you through the linky party and can't wait to read more from your blog! Check out my blog at www.teach-bake-love.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CLEAN Classrooms....Some days, after a muddy rainy recess, I could only hope!!! Thanks for the tip and I look forward to being your newest follower through the LINKY!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...