Sunday, August 24, 2014

I'm Back!!!

I have been back at work the past 3 weeks and it is totally draining me.  If you didn't know, I haven't been to work since January.  I had to have major Crohn's related surgery.  I am getting back into the swing of things and I hope to have some things to share soon.  
Last week, my class made a book using our new sight words "I am___."  They drew a picture of themselves and glued their sentences to the page.  I plan on adding a small picture of them to each page so we can read the book easier.  Oh, did I mention I only have 12 students!  I love the small class, but it makes me question job security.  I think I need to go recruit.  Lol, I'm not sure where you would go to recruit new kindergartners.
This year I plan on changing out my traditional play centers.  We had a big training about "developmentally appropriate" practices in kindergarten and purposeful play.  The sad thing is that we knew what was developmentally appropriate, but we were pressured in the past to do things that weren't.  I'm so glad that we are moving back in this direction! 
I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm taking my camera to school tomorrow so I can, hopefully, post some pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...