Monday, December 31, 2012

December Crafts

It's been a while since my last post.  Time sure does fly!  I have spent my entire holiday break ill.  :(  I have finally decided to post the crafts that my students made during the month of December.  I know it's too late for anyone to make them this year, but you can pin this page and make them next year.

We started off the month by making these cute footprint trees.  I try to make something with footprints or handprints each month.  I think it's a good record of how much students grow during the year.
Then we started making ornaments out of cinnamon dough.  These ornaments smell great and take a few days to air dry.  We painted the cinnamon ornaments with glue and sprinkled them with glitter.  We also made reindeer ornaments out of craft sticks.  I gave each student a brown marker to color their craft sticks.
After all this ornament making, we made large swirly ornaments to hang in our classroom.  To make the swirls, fill a paper plate with shaving cream.  Add a few drops of paint.  Give students a craft stick to swirl the paint in the shaving cream and then press the cutout or shape onto the shaving cream and remove.  Scrap off the shaving cream and you have paint swirls left on the paper.
Last is a craft that my students made with the librarian.  I just thought they were cute and I ended up assisting with this during my planning.  I do that sometimes.  I go in early and end up helping.  I actually don't mind.
 
Now that 2012 is coming to an end, I have began thinking about my goals for 2013.  My number one goal is to get more organized at home.  It seems that I have one idea where things belong and my hubby as another idea.  We need to get on the same page and get with the program if we ever want to get ourselves organized.  My classroom could use a little more organizing too since I moved into a different room this year.  Let's just say I am the happiest ever teaching at my new school, but I do miss my old friends.
 
My number one school goal for 2013 is to focus more on writing.  I just don't feel like I am giving it my all when it comes to teaching students to write.  I will be looking for new ways to add in some writing where I can.  If you have any ideas, I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ~ your blog is A-dorable!! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award and you can see it here:

    http://thejugglingteacher.blogspot.com/2013/01/and-liebster-award-goes-to-me.html

    TheJugglingTeacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...